I’ve implemented this library of scripts in one CMS app I built. On one hand you have a list of available files and you need to choose some and sort them out into groups. 100% perfect situation for draggable / droppable / sortable combo that scriptaculous implements.
However, at three different computers, IE 6 (XP SP1, fully patched) would crash as soon as the page opening starts. It crashes in iexplore.exe and kernel32.dll, giving away this lovely file as output (small sample given below).
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?> <DATABASE> <EXE NAME="IEXPLORE.EXE" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY"> <MATCHING_FILE NAME="HMMAPI.DLL" SIZE="36352" CHECKSUM="0x8DE5BA15" BIN_FILE_VERSION="6.0.2800.1106" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="6.0.2800.1106" PRODUCT_VERSION="6.00.2800.1106" FILE_DESCRIPTION="Microsoft HTTP Mail Simple MAPI" ...
No matter what I tried to find the cause, it would crash. Sometimes it would show the page content, but then crash before finishes loading. Totally confusing, as I could not repeat this on any other computer I tried.
Thus, the last resort. I went to the crime scene last night to try to debug the damn thing. I spent just over 5h trying to figure this out until it ended on the most unexpected culprit of all.