Today I experienced the revelation. Firefox is my browser and FeedDemon is my feed reader. Each time I clicked on the links in FD, they would open in Firefox and the newly opened tab would take focus. Switching back and forth was a pain.
I say was, because it no longer happens, since I installed Firefox 1.5. I think there was an option in 1.0.x that promised something like that, that I tried it and it didn’t work. Whatever the reason, now it works.
WordPress has pretty good spam-defense options included by default and since 1.2 I did not have any spam comment slipping through my gates. However, the number of spam getting in was getting on my nerves - I still had to go to moderation queue and clean the mess up.
Thus I’m trying out this. It’s looking good so far, with only one false positive; which btw, really looked like spam - it took me good 30s to realize it is not a spam. I’ll give it a daily look in the next few weeks and if keeps working nicely as it is now, I will relax and not care about spam comments anymore.
“Fun” with Internet Explorer 6 seems never ending, as the case with recent internationalization efforts I did in the office shows. We needed to create a Hebrew version of our flagship web site product - a language where writings goes right to left.
With these rules, Firefox worked ok, but IE6 almost totally collapsed. It’s not only messed when displayed - when you move your mouse over elements they disappear, move to different places… Only direction rule is enough to mangle it - I added just this one line to previously mentioned tabs example:
Here is the screenshot, if you can’t check it in IE:
Holly-hack does not help here, setting width/height or position neither. Nothing helps here, I tried them all. It is somehow connected with float, but removing that rule does not really helps.